Sweat on the Brow


Sweat on the Brow
Dirt in the wrinkle
Sunburn on the face
Guilty as charged On the prowl
Cool breezes Dusty sneezes
Freaks come out at dusk
I walk against traffic
So Johns don't pick me up
It's not fool-proof
I got my second wind

Tattered jeans Rattled nerves
Haven't seen a payphone in years
Blisters on my feet
Other places are chafed
I feel so ashamed
My hands are shaking 
Bloodshot eyes Crusty beard
I look like a hot homeless guy
Finally I'm home

Greetings Boyfriend
I had sex with someone
Your car broke down out of town
I felt so bad I walked home
To punish myself
And my cellphone battery went dead
I'm so sorry

Okay 
You go take a bath
Soak & relax
I'll call the wrecker
Conjure up some happy food
We can talk about it later
Hey 
You feeling bad is apology enough
Where are you now?
Here with me Not that other guy
I will make love to you
Until you feel good about yourself again 
Is that a deal?

Yes A thousand times Yes.

UPDATE

I read this gritty poem to my boyfriend as reassurance he can do no wrong. But first he read to me "You Saved my Heart". His practicing has paid off. I praised him for pausing after each line. He felt so good about himself. I gave him the key. It was another magical moment.

Gay Love & Romance 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might