Can't Stop Smiling

I saw my boyfriend two days in a row 
Now I can't stop smiling 
I've lost control 

He's been thinking about me 
Dreaming of next weekend 
Downtown Gay Pride on the 14th
Down-low is a powder keg
Secrecy the fuel ready to ignite 
Public displays of affection
To cool off hearts on fire
Kissing while strangers watch
Holding hands. I got your back
Another week until we celebrate 
I can't wait 
And I can't stop smiling 

I want the world to know 
Twenty years in a row 
We dream together 
You're the family I choose 
The hardest test & my muse
I fear another man will steal you away 
Your solemn promise with eye contact 
"I won't let that happen"
I trust you. I love you 
And I Can't Stop Smiling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We won't be a secret anymore

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga