Is there a Limit?

How much trust is enough?
To carry me through
With confidence of your love 
If there's a limit I haven't reached it

I'm on a quest to find out
It's a fool's voyage. What?
Relationships never work out
Unless they're based on faith 
Optimism you can be trusted
That you have some self-control 
In spite of your betrayals
In advance I redeem & forgive 
Again my heart begins to love
Hope & optimism. Rainbow in a prism 
After storms lay waste
Nostalgia for the future 
The urge to protect 
The surge of respect 
Delicate flower in the desert 
I guard your feelings from hurt

Why do I trust so much?
More than my own relatives 
Strangers passing through 
Because that's who you were
A clean-slate stranger
Is there a limit? Can I reach it?
Faith & optimism
Rainbows in a prism.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might