You Taught Me How To Love

I thought I knew what I was doing 
Way back when I met you
I was a fool so irrational 
My speech not so factual 
You taught me how to love 

All the while you kept saying 
I was teaching you
You learned from the best
Naked passion with abandon 
My gift was articulation 
It's like I was reading your mind 
No. I was reading your body
And telling our love story 
Saying out loud why we're so proud 
Already I knew how to build trust
You taught me how to love 

I thought I knew what I was doing 
Every night I ended up cruising 
One-night-stands. Worrisome hookups
Body parts & empty hearts 
I gave all that up
When by chance I met you
You were my rescue from fake & casual 
My behavior was irrational 
Rarely was anything meaningful 

I gave all that up
You Taught Me How To Love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No gay roles for actual gays

Rejects what he's looking for

Meddling mother means well