Solitary at the Top

I climbed the mountain all alone 
Stumbled all the way up 
Drank from the fountain of inspiration 
Solitary at the top. You on my mind 

The icy wind pushed & shoved 
The panorama was breathtaking 
My ill will dissipated
Thoughts of you brought me peace 

I had struggled not to drown 
In a sea of subtle insults 
They threw me a life saver
But it was a rock

I swam underwater 
Until clear of friendly fire
Did not look back
At shore I ran fast

At the foot of the mountain 
I stopped to let you catch up
The memory of your kisses
My fountain of grace

I stumbled on up the mountain 
Only you ever loved me true 
Lonely scenery was incredible 
Almost as pretty as you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might