Can Only Resist For So Long

I can only resist for so long 
The seduction of your love song
Only hold back feelings for a while 
Until they explode for hundreds of miles
Like a keg shaken. Like a heart taken

I can only resist what I don't want 
I give in to you until it hurts
Tears of joy when someone looks 
We stroll in the park
With abandon in my heart

I cannot resist the down-low 
Not too quick. Not too slow
I can wait somewhat patiently 
Maybe play hard to get
But what good would that do me?

Once I've been kissed
You're hard to resist 
I protest ostensibly 
It's all wrong. It's a sin
Another song. I'll give in

My urges are too wild
Resistance is futile 
Your kisses & magic words
Like a heart taken with romance 
I Can Only Resist For So Long.
*************
Theme Song for this Poem 
What Comes Naturally -- Sheena Easton



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might