Down-low Selfish Fake Pretender

Down-low Selfish Fake Pretender
Why did I fall in love with you? Dammit
What was I thinking?
I wasn't. I'm still not
Down-low Selfish Fake Pretender
How did you get hooked up with me?
An openly gay minor local celebrity

Love is not to comprehend
My head hurts my heart
The words say what I don't want to hear
But I'm a big boy
I can take it
I'm not faking but you are
You sense people are hiding something
Because you're hiding something BIG
Whereas people open up to me
Because I have no destructive secrets
Except for one that's you

The world knows I got somebody
Most don't know who it is
When my feelings get hurt
I think of breaking up
Then I remember
One of my many silly promises
How many times can I forgive you?
All of 'em

Down-low Selfish Fake Pretender
I forgive you in advance
I hope you're okay.


Theme Song for this Poem
"Why Did I Have To Fall In Love With You"
Teena Marie 1980



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might