When the Sun rises

When the sun rises
It feels like the first day
Of the rest of my life
If I had to pick a lover  It's you
Can I kayak down the river with you?
Must I always row upstream?
Must every dream be extreme?
Over the top & exotic
Like a desert hot
Like a mountain I must climb
But never reach the rocky outcrop
I cross the line but hit the target
Romance strikes the heart

When the sun sets
It's the first night
Of the rest of my life
I see the Milky Way & constellations
Your sky blue eyes & libations
They blur into one painting
The people's choice   High ranking
Your face in the stars
Overshadows my mistakes
They slip out of mind

Oh wait   That's the moon rising
Looks new & fresh every time 
Being with you feels like 
The first day of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might