Have Faith in Love

(I chose this song to feature my latest poem. Angela Bofill - This time I'll be sweeter / Our love will run deeper)


Have Faith in Love
That's easy for me to say
Be happy     POOF !
Sorry
It just don't work that way
If only it were that simple
Then nobody would be single
We live & swim in a sea of doubt
You don't have to say
Be doubtful & dubious
That's the human condition
So what is the secret?

You give love away for free
Asking for nothing in return
Knowing you will get burned
How the head to the heart listens
It doesn't follow proper grammar
You fake it until you make it
Don't say too much
Love is a poor communicator
Listen to the heart
Hurt feelings you must navigate
Deeds of Love create Faith in Love
Have faith in me like I have in you
Have Faith in Love.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might