20th Christmas

Upcoming is the 20th Christmas
Since we met
The first one We spent apart
With broken hearts
From the first minute I saw you
I didn't expect it to last
I was wrong as Hell

First Thanksgiving we made love
In a real place named Love
In hindsight you were planning the breakup
This was closure & foreshadowing
But I didn't see the door closing

First week in December
I called to see you again
You said you couldn't     Ever
Can't stop thinking of me
It's over     That's final     Dammit

Yeah we got back together in the spring
I'm planning a gay shopping road trip
With you & for you
First week in December 
Not taking you for granted
Is how we lasted

First Christmas we were broken-hearted
20th Christmas Love just getting started.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might