Urge to Cheat


Sky of long shadows
Day trip     Almost sunset
I stop where we met
Where we played last summer
After we broke up
Now we're back together

Is that you with a backpack?
My heart is racing
That's not your dog or your truck
But the man looks just like you
Can't be
Let me drive & turn around
So much has changed up here
I will offer him a ride to anywhere
When I drive back down 
He's getting picked up in a little car

What made me stop here today?
My relationship is better than ever
More steady & stable & routine 
Love-making hot like it used to be 
Did I think I would catch you?
Not really
What's wrong with me?
It was my urge & intent to cheat
Babe I need your help 
To get back on the right track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

No gay roles for actual gays

Rejects what he's looking for

Meddling mother means well