Urge to Cheat


Sky of long shadows
Day trip     Almost sunset
I stop where we met
Where we played last summer
After we broke up
Now we're back together

Is that you with a backpack?
My heart is racing
That's not your dog or your truck
But the man looks just like you
Can't be
Let me drive & turn around
So much has changed up here
I will offer him a ride to anywhere
When I drive back down 
He's getting picked up in a little car

What made me stop here today?
My relationship is better than ever
More steady & stable & routine 
Love-making hot like it used to be 
Did I think I would catch you?
Not really
What's wrong with me?
It was my urge & intent to cheat
Babe I need your help 
To get back on the right track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might