How I worry about You

I call you at lunchtime
The day I said I would
You don't answer
I leave a message
You don't call back right away
I start to worry in this order
(1) You broke up with me
       I just don't know it yet
(2) You've had an accident
(3) You lost your phone
       Or left it at home
As time adds up
#2 starts to dominate
My # supposed to be in your wallet
Used to be
I wouldn't answer unknown numbers
Now I do in case it's you
I understand there are no payphones
How did you call me last time?

You say simply... Don't worry Honey
But I can't help it
And that's being dismissive
I'm your boyfriend
I'm supposed to worry
You used to worry about my feelings
So promise to call me back
With the sense of urgency of love
I know I shouldn't worry so much
Let's kiss  Forgive & Make up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might