Love Lives in the Heart


Love speaks like poetry
Not precise Nor exact
But always based on a single fact
Love is confused & confusing
Flamboyant & dazzling 
Delightfully distorted echoes 
Of emotions all mixed up like us
In a fishbowl We see ourselves
In the future like a crystal ball

You reach out & touch me
Search my eyes for a sign
Your arms wide open 
I melt like candle wax
As you caress my back
Your breath takes mine away
The poem pauses for a kiss

I listen more intently
Search the words for meaning
Fruitless endeavor though I try
Seems like forever 
The message hides

The meaning of a poem
Is not in the poem
It's in the heart
Where love finds a home
To speak with eloquence
To move the audience
With passion & hyperbole 
In a universal language

Love Lives in the Heart
This poem is a letter
From mine to yours
It has only one message
I Love You.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might