Language of Love


If you learn the language of love, you'll be an expert communicator. Lovers speak obliquely, in opposites, circular, confusing. As do most people. A clear expression is refreshing. Today's example.

PATRICK - I want you to top me but not today.
RITCHIE - Do you want to top me?
PATRICK - Yes.
In this moment they're in a love bubble speaking the language of love. Patrick could have said, I want to top you. That's not how love speaks. Later on.

RITCHIE - I like you. I'm this close to falling in love. But I don't think you're ready for a relationship.

Their expressions indicate they both understand what is meant. Ritchie has already fallen in love & not ready for a relationship & is breaking up. Love is optimistic. Patrick loves Ritchie & is ready to commit. But Ritchie has pessimism & fear his past will repeat. It's sad & heart-breaking. 

Compare with 9-1-1 Lone Star. Carlos addresses the fears of T.K. Later T.K. realizes Carlos needs to talk about the fears Carlos has. They just got married. In their dialog, they speak fluent Love.

Before I was twenty, I knew some French, German, Russian, a smattering of everything. I finally learned the language of love around age 40. Self-taught. It has served me well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might