Not too Drunk but Drunk enough


I'm not too drunk
To fall in love with a stranger 
I might meet tonight 
Thrills of danger 
Why don't you come back to me?
Let's get back on track

I'm not too drunk
To hide my whispers of regret
How your fingertips caressed 
I let down my guard
I broke my own heart

I'm tough enough to bounce back
When someone stops loving me
I'm strong enough to stand tall
Empty hands without plans
I'm weak enough to fall back
Into your arms
I'm drunk enough to fall in love
With you again

I'm soft enough to see
You're the only one for me
Today & tomorrow
It won't last forever 
Nothing does
I'm fool enough
To take another chance
On the one I already love

And anyone else who walks
Through those swinging doors
And smiles at me
I'm too drunk to say No
I hope you're on your way back
To my heart & my arms
I'm too drunk to think
A stranger would fall for my charms
And take a chance on me 
But he might

Like you made me fall for you 
One night then you ghosted me
I'm drunk enough to love just anyone
But not too drunk to forget to text
Not too drunk to know
I need someone to hold

I'm Not Too Drunk to want you back
But Drunk Enough to fall in love again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might