Lucas & Ramon powerful film


What a beautiful & powerful movie! 

I will always remember these 2 hours I spent trying to understand the Portuguese subtitles based on my knowledge of French & Spanish. It was worth it.

The music video tells a different story. When my boyfriend asks what's being said under the music, now I can tell him. We use the gay music video below to put us in the mood for making love. It's the theme video for my blog Gay Love & Romance on Blogger.

Ramon forgets his diary on the patio when he sees Lucas. Ramon is nervous because Lucas was belligerent earlier towards Ramon & Ramon's boyfriend. Lucas reads the diary overnight.

What brings Lucas & Ramon together after returning the diary? They're both fans of Harry Potter. This common interest creates a love bubble around these two. They can't stop kissing & touching. It's more like a force field.

Though not interested in Harry Potter, Ramon's old boyfriend is ready to fight for Ramon. Ramon speaks to him alone. When they hug, Lucas stands up to fight. Ramon waves him over for a 3-way hug. The aggression in Lucas is calmed by Ramon. His ex-boyfriend soon has a new partner. I love the gay universe.

How does Lucas come out of the closet to his homophobic parents? They see him kissing Ramon in the common area. Still Lucas says, No mom & dad, I'm not gay... Ramon is my "super amigo". They don't buy it.

They argue. The father accidentally pushes Lucas down the staircase. The movie up to hour 1:21:00 is a flashback. After the accident everyone feels guilty, especially the father, who must welcome his son's lover into the family & make amends to everyone he insulted.

What's worse than losing your ability to walk? Losing your ability to make love. Erectile dysfunction. For me Lucas' guilt is palpable when he talks to the physical therapist about this. If Lucas could still achieve erection, it would be a happier story. I miss my erections. Like Ramon, my boyfriend is still with me.

So not only did the homophobic father make his son a cripple, but also in a sense took away his gayness. His ability to make love.

Most clip videos tell a different story than the movie. In this music video you have no idea about the accident. At minute 1:57 Lucas is on the right in a wheelchair at the duck pond but the wheelchair is cropped out. When Lucas wakes up with Ramon staring at him, that's after the accident. In the shower scene, Lucas is taller. In the final scene of the film, they're in the shower again. But Ramon is much taller because Lucas is in a wheelchair. They kiss.

Lucas & Ramon will remain my gay love blog's theme video. Now more meaningful. The full film would have to be the blog's mascot movie.

A new related video from RexRed is expected to premier tomorrow at 9:45 a.m.

UPDATE The New Video is a slightly different remix of the first music video. The song is a slow ballad, which makes sense if you watch the movie. But there's still no hint as to why the song of Lucas & Ramon should be sad.

I'm waiting for the next music video to show how they fall in love, how Lucas falls downs the stairs, loses function of his legs & his junk. Yet Ramon stands by Lucas. Special attention to contrast the 2 shower scenes.

After the scene in the thumbnail above, in front of the fireplace, Lucas & Ramon walk up the staircase to bed. After the accident Lucas must be carried up the same stairs by his father & his lover working together.

It's hard to believe these 2 music videos are based on this powerful movie. I will keep this theme video as is for this gay love blog. Now my readers know the complete story.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might