3 Songs in my Heart


Love Regret & Toxic 
In my heart 3 songs 

Love is the strongest & loudest
You make me the proudest
My boyfriend is my dance partner
I found after bar hopping
Surfing the internet
Hanging out in public places
Cruising & staring
I found your playlist of love songs

They fire up my feet
Soothe my soul
They lift my pen to paper
The music is filled with hope
That it never stops
Forever in our hearts

Never say forever
The music slows to a ballad
Memories happy & sad
What could have been
Incredible what we had
We lost it all
I broke up with my old boyfriend
In the past 

The song of regret echoes in my heart
What I should have done
And what I did wrong
The ballad of regret began playing
When I told him on the phone
I don't love you anymore
I could hear him choke on tears
Nothing left to say

Except I was lying
I didn't want to drag him down
The way he drained me of joy
By the final chorus
The slow song I can't forget
It's filled with regret
It once played fast uptempo
Now a sad echo from long ago
Joy & sorrow contrast
A distant love didn't last

When the fast & slow songs fade silent
The sound of toxic thoughts
Can be heard in the background
Can't make out the music or melody
The lyrics fade in & out
Like AM radio on a cloudy night

The Song of Toxic
It's a mix of love & regret
But you don't know which is which
That's what makes it toxic

I can't believe you wrote that poem.
Because it's so good or it's so bad?
Maybe I should take another class 
Toxic

I abandoned you during your struggle
Because I didn't want to get blamed
For your failure
Thanks I guess 
Toxic

Toxic thoughts make no sense
Still they won't stop
When the dancing is done
When regret has faded
Toxic memories bounce
From sad to mellow to uptempo
Toxic lyrics
Caustic for the spirit

Luckily I have technology
I can play the love song
Constantly & loudly
Drown out the ballad of regret
Toxic slogans I forget

Thank you now my darling
For your songs uptempo
Disco ball of inspiration
Until your next private concert 
I have set your love song to auto-play

3 Songs in my Heart
Love Regret & Toxic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might