I Want my Dad to Know

 

In a wooden chair Here I sit
Waiting for the sun to rise
Early spring on Valentine's Day
Mild weather in mid winter
I may go for a drive
That scenic byway again
To my father's gravesite
His birthday was February 10

One road connects us literally
The highway is slow
Compared to the interstate
It's the way to go for time to think
Figure things out
Remember how it was
What life is all about
Nostalgia on the way up
Recall the good times Forget the bad
On the drive back
Scenic byway made for daydreaming

My mind wanders to romance
A future brighter than possible
I drive on autopilot
Through small towns and crossroads

On the way up I miss my dad
I want him to know
I found someone
He loves me very much
Fills my heart with joy
I found happiness for years now
I learned what life should be about

I want my dad to know
On Valentine's Day
Four days after his birthday
Always a heart-shaped cake
The mind wanders to romance
I found love and happiness.

(First published Feb. 14, 2023 on Facebook.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Boy did I get laid Columbus Ga

We won't be a secret anymore

With All My Might